Sunday, January 29, 2012

Sa Isang Kasalan

Just 3 weeks ago my older brother got married. I was the bestman.

Aangal sana ako kasi gusto ko bridesmaid pero sa side pala ng bilat yun kinukuha.

Besides, I got to enjoy the role of being the groom's right hand. Over the course of the preparation, I was able to help in anyway I can. Financially, I was able to give a bit. I picked up the wedding invitations from the printing shop and hand-delivered some to relatives in Baguio and Pangasinan. That's all I could do leading up to my brother's big day since I was still employed at that time.

The wedding was set in Caleruega, Calatagan, Batangas.

My brother has taste.

He chose the most romantic venue to wed the lady of his dreams. The chapel sits atop the highest point in Caleruega and from there you will see a vast melody of sky, trees and hills of Batangas. Since the wedding was held in the morning, when we arrived there, the clouds were still just within reach, the gentle Amihan breeze too touched everone.

The hills are alive, with the sound of music...

I feel like singing and running that vast expanse of hills with joy, I could really feel that this is where forevers should begin.

Before the ceremony started, I was observing my brother. Was he excited? Scared? I bet he was. Going by how his voice cracked when he said he's trembling.

This is it.

With an unusual sparkle in his eyes, he said those few words right before he took his bride to the altar. As he took her hand from her parents. I could see that he was deeply happy and despite the pre-ceremony jitters, he was ready. After all, he's 33. close to DOM-hood, less the money.

He was the most handsome groom for the most beautiful bride. He found THE one.

It was not long after the ceremony and reception was over that I found myself asking myself a few questions. Maybe it was because of the feel of the union itself that I asked myself these questions.


When will I get to experience this?



Will I be able to find THE one?



Will THE one be a he, or a she?



I'm keeping my fingers crossed.
=)

No comments:

Post a Comment

reactions?